As we approach the dawn of a new year, we are reflecting on the lessons of the 2017. Below you will find our "Hottest Links ": the most idea-inspiring articles we encountered this year.
- Flung Magazine's Sarah Stodola on travel and life in a world increasingly viewed through the filter of Instagram.
- The Guardian's feature of dire warnings from Silicon Valley defectors.
- MIT Media Lab's Joichi Ito on improving innovation by creating things with roots that are "more like music than...algorithm".
- The dearly missed Createquity on what the humanities can do for humanity.
- Our launch of the WÆRK Questionnaire with Lingoji's David-Georges Renaud and Soap Library's Kerry Santullo.
- Brain Pickings' Maria Popova on the Telescopic Perspective, and the solace brought by the alchemy of art and science.